The process of bleaching hair is a bit complex. Incorrect product, uneven application, and wrong timing can ruin your new hairstyle idea.
When it comes to bleaching Asian hair, bleaching becomes more complicated as Asian hairs are dark and black naturally. In this case, you have no other choice except to choose the best bleach for Asian hair to give a stylish and gorgeous look to your tresses.
These bleaches will make the complicated task convenient and offers the expected result within hours. Let’s read this comprehensive guide on the best hair bleach for Asian hair.
- Can You Bleach Asian Hair?
- 5 Best Bleach for Asian Hair in 2022
- 1. Best for Home Use: MANIC PANIC Flash Lightning Hair Bleach
- 2. Best User-friendly: Schwarzkopf Professional Blonde Me Hair Bleach
- 3. Best for Easy Application: L’OREAL Paris Multi-Faceted Permanent Hair Color
- 4. Best for Any Hair Color: Clairol Professional BW2 Hair Powder Lightener
- 5. Best for Sensitive Scalp: Wella Blondor Multi Blonde Powder Lightener
- What Type of Bleach to Use for Black Hair?
- How to Bleach Asian Hair at Homes
- Things to Consider Before Using Bleach
- Tips and Tricks When Bleaching Your Hair
- Final Note
Can You Bleach Asian Hair?
Yes, you can bleach Asian hair. Then you might be wondering, is it a smart decision. Well, before bleaching, you need to make sure that your hairs are not utmost dry and damaged. If you decide to bleach your damaged and dried hair, be sure your hair will break. Even you may lose hair.
So, before you decide on bleaching your Asian hair, don’t forget to consult with a hair specialist. Thus, you will get the answer to make a wise decision.
5 Best Bleach for Asian Hair in 2022
Be careful while selecting the best bleach powder for Asian hair. Read the reviews of the enlisted products carefully and choose the best-suited one.
1. Best for Home Use: MANIC PANIC Flash Lightning Hair Bleach
Prepare your hair for the most dynamic Asian hair colors by applying the MANIC PANIC Flash Lightning Hair Bleach. It is formulated with all-natural, paraben-free ingredients and tested on celebrities instead of animals.
The manufacturer uses the perfect ratio of bleach powder to give you consistent results every time. Easy to use application method allows you to save money as it can be applied by yourself. So, visiting a hair salon is unnecessary. Moreover, no rinsing formula is an added benefit of this hair bleach.
All the instructions are provided on the package, taking the stress away related to the application process. Simply follow the instruction meticulously to get the expected result. This bleach leaves perfect results within 50 minutes. Overall, this formula mixes well and spreads over the hair evenly.
- Delivers excellent color
- You will get vivid colored hair
- Easy to apply
- Allows you to manage your strands easily
- Gluten-free formula
- No prominent cons are available
2. Best User-friendly: Schwarzkopf Professional Blonde Me Hair Bleach
The Schwarzkopf Professional Blonde Me Hair Bleach is gentle on Asian hair. Generally, traditional bleach contains multiple chemicals that can damage your hair. The good news is, this bleach consists of all-natural components, offering damage-free results.
This product will lighten your dark and black hair by almost different shades in a single application. All you need to do is, follow the application instruction shared by the manufacturer. Its natural formula makes the bleach ideal for sensitive scalp.
You can apply the bleach by yourself at home due to its easy-to-apply nature. Even a novice can apply it due to its seamless applying process. It washes off easily from the hair. If you are looking for a quick solution to lighten your hair, this bleach would be the best solution for sure.
- Unique and soft formula
- Suitable for sensitive scalp
- Non-irritating formula
- Beginner and user-friendly
- Integrated bond-enforcing technology
- A little spendy
3. Best for Easy Application: L’OREAL Paris Multi-Faceted Permanent Hair Color
The bold color range of the L’OREAL Paris Multi-Faceted Permanent Hair Color will give your hair a smooth, shiny, and shimmery look. Power shimmer conditioner is used in this hair color that seals your hair and makes your hair glossy.
Thanks to the natural formula that you will never experience irritation or hair damage after applying it. It allows you to achieve a wide range of shades, including Bleach Bonding, Icy Blonde, Extreme Platinum, Pure Diamond, Hyper Platinum, and many more.
The color looks especially amazing in the sun. It looks light blonde with a spectrum of highlights. Apply it using a brush because it will make the dying process so much easier.
- Seals and smooths your strands
- Includes anti brass conditioner
- Best for black and dark hair
- Ensures minimal damage
- Lightens up to 7 levels
- Might not be suitable for home use
4. Best for Any Hair Color: Clairol Professional BW2 Hair Powder Lightener
The Clairol Professional BW2 comes in a powder form, best for lightening Asian dark and black hair. It works effectively on Asian hair due to its potent formula. This hair powder is user-friendly and provides well-balanced lightening for reliable and quick results.
It uses extra strength dedusted formula that reduces powder fly-away, making it ideal for different lightening treatments. This is the best choice for beginners instead of professionals for its easy-to-use formula. The lightener takes only 25 minutes to deliver the expected color.
On top of that, it is gentle on the sensitive scalp, such as Asian hair. In this lighteners formula, manufacturers use extra strength fiber, which means minimal exposure compared to other types would offer. It balances dark patches and delivers an even tone in a single-use.
- Perfect for off-scalp application, lightening, and highlights
- Delivers natural-looking result
- Compatible with any hair color
- Lightens hair evenly
- The strong formula for bleach dark and black hair
- May overly dry your strands
5. Best for Sensitive Scalp: Wella Blondor Multi Blonde Powder Lightener
Do you have scalp irritations? Don’t look further and buy the Wella Blondor Multi Blonde Powder Lightener. It is made of using the highest quality ingredients, preventing burning or itching effectively. If you need a lower volume develop, grab this lightener without thinking twice.
It helps keep the integrity of your hair rather than creating a dry strawlike texture, which usually follows after bleaching. The lightener creates creamy consistency that is effortless to apply. We recommend you to combine it with Color touch emulsion or Welloxon Perfect to bleach.
You will also love to know that it can be used on pre-colored hair. More importantly, the result will always be consistent without causing a lot of hair damage. In summary, your hair will be the utmost shiny and soft. At the same time, it keeps your strands healthy.
- Effective on pre-colored strands
- Best for sensitive scalp
- No unpleasant smell
- It offers vivid color results
- Gentle on hair
- It may turn your hair orange
What Type of Bleach to Use for Black Hair?
Several bleach types are available to use for black and dark hair. But all types are not formulated following the right quality. You should choose a bleach type for your hair that comes with the below characteristics.
- Made of natural ingredients
- Easy to apply
- Suitable for sensitive scalp and skin
- Provides required result within the instructed time
- Compatible with any hair color
- Offers minimum damage to the hair
According to the above characteristics, we listed down a few bleach types;
- MANIC PANIC Flash Lightning Hair Bleach
- Schwarzkopf Professional Blonde Me Hair Bleach
- L’OREAL Paris Multi-Faceted Permanent Hair Color
- Clairol Professional BW2 Hair Powder Lightener
- Wella Blondor Multi Blonde Powder Lightener
All the above brighteners deliver the best performance regardless of the hair color.
How to Bleach Asian Hair at Homes
Asian hair contains a high amount of melanin content. For this reason, at least 2 sessions are necessary to bleach Asian hair at home. Here is a comprehensive step-by-step guide to bleaching Asian hair.
- Bleach cream or powder
- Tint brush
- Volume Developer
- Mixing bowl (plastic)
- Old clothes
- Hand gloves
Step 01: Put on hand gloves and old clothes. This way, your hands, and fresh clothes will be saved from staining.
Step 02: Prepare a mixture of the volume developer and bleach cream or powder in the plastic bowl. Follow 2:1 proportion.
Step 03: Use the tint brush to apply the mixture from the roots to the tips of your hair.
Step 04: Keep the bleach on your hair as per the instruction given by the manufacturer.
Step 05: Leave your hair for air dry.
Schedule the 2nd session, after 2 weeks. In this period, your hair will get strong. Also, between the sessions, don’t use shampoo in the hair. Your hair will transform black to brown within 2 weeks. Moreover, the strands will be ready to change the color from brown to light blonde.
Step 06: During the 2nd session, you may notice that there are patches in the hair. Cover those patches by providing another session of the bleaching process.
Things to Consider Before Using Bleach
While making a major change in your hair, like bleaching, needs some thought. After you decide to bleach your hair, some crucial considerations need to follow.
Prepare Your Hair
You will end up with disastrous results if your hair is prepared carelessly. To avoid severe hair damage, it is significantly essential to prepare your hair months in advance.
Bleach offers the best result when applied to unprocessed or virgin hair. According to experts, you should not process your hair for a minimum of 3 months before bleaching. If you dye your hair too frequently, hairs will be prone to damage. Moreover, you should dye your strand just after hair straightening treatments.
Before bleaching, the best plan of action is:
- Don’t process your hair for several months beforehand
- Stop curling or treating your strands for a minimum of 7 days before dyeing
Research whether your desired shade is even possible to achieve. Bleaching is difficult in brown and black hair. You may not get the expected result after applying a single round. Multiple rounds may require to get bright blonde hair.
Unfortunately, several rounds may damage your hair. Black-haired people should plan their bleaching sessions for multiple months. Also, the expected blonde hair shade will not come immediately. Even for some people, the desired hair shade may appear after a year.
Moreover, bleach is sensitive to certain skin types. So, pay a visit to a dermatologist. Consider doing a “patch test” to check the reaction of your skin when bleach is applied. If you experience any allergic reaction, reconsider your decision.
By now, hopefully, you understand that bleaching is a continuous process that needs time. Also, you can’t stop taking care of the hair after bleaching. Ensuring the good condition of your hair is the most important factor.
So, be careful with your bleached hair. Use conditioners and protein shampoo to wash your hair. Moreover, purple shampoo and conditioner will help you prevent turning your strands into a brassy color. For drying, use a microfiber towel. Don’t dab or twist when your hairs are wet.
Other important things are:
- Bleaching is permanent; think before starting the process
- If you are not sure or feel comfortable, don’t consider doing it
- When bleaching your hair of your own, maintain the right ratio to avoid breakage of your hair
Tips and Tricks When Bleaching Your Hair
Follow the below tips and tricks when bleaching your hair to get the required color.
- 30-40 vol. works well with Asian hair
- Buy a home care dye kits that include a thin hair comb, latex-free disposable gloves, color brush, and moisturizing cream for protecting the skin.
- Use plastic to mix and store the coloring components instead of metal equipment.
- Don’t buy a hair dye box looking at the model. Always consider buying from a brand.
- It would be best to buy 2 boxes of hair dye. Also, there is nothing worse than running halfway.
- Perform a “patch test” before bleaching.
- Consider getting your hair bleached to your same color family.
- Don’t forget to ensure the strand test when trying a new shade.
- Evaluate the condition of your hair first. When applying, avoid hurrying. Even if you need several weeks to prepare your hair for bleaching, take the time.
- When mixing colors, pick complementary shades from the same brand.
- If you find any yellow tones in your blonde hair, get rid of it using purple shampoo.
- Don’t panic if you end up with unexpected shades. Apply a deep cleansing shampoo that penetrates the hair deeply. This way, pigments get washed quickly.
- If you use conditioner to dilute the hair dye, you will get a less aggressive and more pastel looked tone.
- Using a tint brush will be a good option to apply the bleach.
- When using heating tools like a flat iron or blow dryer, use a heat protectant.
- Don’t leave your hair for prolonged hours to get the expected shade.
- Certain areas of skin like the back of our neck, behind our ears and hairline, are sensitive to bleach. Also, these areas can come to the touch of bleaching easily. Apply petroleum jelly around these areas. Also, wear hand gloves and old clothes while applying bleach to your hair.
In a nutshell, several factors need to consider when buying the best bleach for Asian hair. You need to consider Asian hair type, natural color tone, reactions of your skin and scalp, etc.
Without considering every factor that we discussed in this write-up, you mustn’t proceed to bleach your hair. If your skin and scalp are not bleach-friendly, don’t consider getting your hair bleached. Moreover, good results will be unachieved with the poor-quality product.
So, buy premium-quality products since the quality of the bleach can make the real difference.