Frequent changes in the fashion world are very normal but coping with those changes can be complex. Especially, taking any approach towards anything like vintage Italian sunglasses brands requires effective assistance. We are determined to give you that assistance so that you may have no confusion about these products.
This article has assembled and categorized the best Italian vintage sunglasses or eyewear according to the present trends. We have focused on the features of the products deeply and categorized all the information.
We hope our hard work will help you select the best vintage sunglasses that suit you perfectly.
- 1. Laura Biagiotti:
- 2. Gucci:
- 3. Versace:
- 4. Vogue:
- 5. ARMANI:
- 6. Persol:
- 7. Ray-Ban:
- 8. Fendi:
- 9. Police:
- 10. Valentino:
- What do retro sunglasses mean?
- What kinds of sunglasses were popular in the 80s?
- What glasses were popular in the 70s?
- Were aviator sunglasses popular in the 70s?
- Are vintage glasses in style?
What is vintage eyewear?
Vintage eyewear is a product that contains the design, formation, and materials of the old version but possesses acceptance and value at present time. Usually, vintage eyewear like sunglasses includes the models of the 1960s to 1990s.
The lenses and frames of vintage eyewear are different than the modern ones. They carry the fashion and style of old times. The frames are classic, round, and wide with the design of the past generation. Nowadays, vintage eyewear is getting trendy.
10 best Vintage Italian Sunglasses Brands:
Here we have figured out and evaluated the best brands that have collections of vintage sunglasses based in Italy and analyzed the reasons behind their popularity.
1. Laura Biagiotti:
It is a brand of authentic fashion which has taken a firm position in the Italian luxury sunglasses market. The journey started in the 1960s and this brand now produces vintage sunglasses of outstanding quality. The motto of the company is to sustain pure Italian quality and class.
- The sunglasses are vintage, custom, and perfectly Italian.
- The artisans give glamorous shapes by using metal and acetate.
Guccio Gucci established the brand in 1921 along with the help of Aldo Gucci. This Italian brand has a long success history that flourished more after 2010. The vintage sunglasses manufactured by this brand have already won the heart of new and old generations. There are signs of comfort, class, tradition, and uniqueness in its products.
- The vintage sunglasses of this brand come with the certification of authenticity.
- This brand provides all the colors and designs that suit vintage fashion.
Gianni Versace, the founder of another luxury eyewear brand, started the journey in 1978. It also produces vintage sunglasses of high quality and attractive designs. The skilled workers strive hard to manufacture such sunglasses with the class representing the Italian fashion of the 70s or 80s.
- The sign 90s vintage logo makes it more authentic.
- UV protection, colorful frames, and pure use of acetate or nylon make it long-lasting.
A brand that brought a revolutionary change in the eyewear sector is Vogue. Since 2000, the Italian brand has been manufacturing sunglasses of different classes including sunglasses of vintage style. Oversized, Colorful frames and the structure of old fashions make the brand suitable for customers around the world.
- There is a pure gold tone finish in the structure.
- Flat lenses and feminine vibes with vintage attire make it attractive.
Giorgio Armani started the journey of this brand in 1975. Since then, there has been no looking back. It is an Italian luxury fashion brand having a great name and fame for manufacturing purely Italian sunglasses with vintage features. The brand produces vintage sunglasses manly for the traditional fashion concerned men and some limited editions for women too.
- The exquisite wrap design & curved ear stems make the sunglasses comfortable.
- High-quality glasses with the essence of the look of the 80s or 90s attract all.
It is an Italian sunglasses brand that has collections of some of the best luxury vintage Italian sunglasses. Being a part of Luxottica, Persol is a renowned name in many countries of the world. Their vintage sunglasses are made of optical materials. If we talk about variety and quality, this brand is a name of surprise.
- The use of a metal arrow adjusting the frame of the glass proves the originality of such sunglasses.
- The brand is always committed to maintaining the strong heritage of Italian culture.
This is now a part of the biggest eyewear company and a brand of great popularity. Bausch & Lomb created the brand in 1936 and the luxury sunglasses and the vintage sunglasses of it grabbed huge popularity in the world market since its evolution in 1999. The brand is the pure essence of Italian culture and traditions. Warfarer and aviator lines put the sunglasses of this brand at a new height.
- The vintage sunglasses of this brand has been preferred and liked by many celebrities and musicians. This issue has increased their popularity.
- Vintage-oriented shape, wire-rimmed lenses, and acetate arm give the sunglasses great looks.
Adele and Edoardo Fendi are the dreamers and establishers of this luxury brand. Being an old company since 1925, Fendi is now a popular manufacturer of vintage sunglasses. The artisans and skilled workforce of this company are working tremendously to keep the vintage Italian vibes alive through high-quality sunglasses.
- The papers of originality are provided in the impressive package.
- Fendi oval sunglasses with the look of the 90s have huge fame around the world.
This is a great brand of De Rigo which has flourished Italian vintage identity. This brand of vintage sunglasses has already achieved a firm place in the competitive market. The market area of this brand is spreading in many parts of the world. There is a huge collection of sunglasses for both men and women.
- The latest sunglasses of this brand have bold color-coating representing the style of the 80s.
- The frames have excellent finishing and can be customized.
This fashion house started its journey in the year 1960. So, its collection and production of Italian vintage sunglasses by Valentino are undoubtedly great. This brand manufactures sunglasses of vintage design mainly for the women folk. They aim to maintain the pure Italian class.
- The use of bright eye-catching colors on the frame is done with perfect finishing.
- This brand has hints of luxury, a customized UV protection facility, and the signature shapes of Italian classic fashion
Can you wear vintage sunglasses?
Vintage sunglasses are made of good materials yet they have many differences in comparison to the modern ones. You can wear vintage sunglasses but you should take the lenses in your concern so that they may not lack UV protection. The vintage sunglasses of the late 80s can be a better choice.
Why are vintage glasses popular?
Vintage glasses are getting attracted to people of different ages. The old-fashionable look has become a trend of the present time. The designs and colors of these glasses are also vibrant. People seem to feel comfortable wearing vintage glasses. All these issues are making such glasses popular.
Throughout this article “Vintage Italian sunglasses brands” will clear your concepts about all the related features of vintage and even retro eyewear. Choosing amongst the vintage designs and brands can be very confusing. Therefore, this article is our effort to remove all those confusion.
Collecting information about authentic vintage products like sunglasses can be very time-consuming and hard for you. So, we have made this easy for you not only through information analysis but also by attaching the links taking you to the best way of selecting a brand. Let us know about your perception and advice for our efforts here.